Let he story about he lions continue… I finished the last post with four finished lion faces.
I had the shapes of the individual mane pieces cut only roughly, as I sewed them, I used the pattern piece for a template. And I tried not not muddle them all up…
Shapes cut with a tiny seam allowance and turned to the right side.
Then I turned my attention to the ears! White patch pinned to ear pieces.
Zigzagged all patches to the ears. Cut brown away from the back.
Ears sew, turned, stitched to face: Mark with pins, then machine.
All the mane pieces tacked to the face before machining – it was all too thick to use pins.
The seam that joins front and back of the hood marked and sewn.
Edges overlocked and front hem turned and machined.
Face pinned to finished hood and attached by hand.
Neckline marked, cut, overlocked, machined.
Hood pinned and machined to body.
Tail and belt sewn, turned, tip of tail stitched to tail, tail machined to body.
This shot is great: lions neatly folded and packed up, ready to go!!!
And on a quiet suburban street, in the garage of the house in front of which all the trucks are parked, I set up a mobile workshop to finish the size of the bodies after a quick fitting on the starlets.
It seems to work! Cut, overlock and hem!
On my way home, a quick stop at Bilgola Beach, washing off all that preoccupation with work and looking forward to some quiet time.