This might all be down to watching ‘how to get organized’ YouTube videos with my youngest daughter – we got hooked on Bethany Mota’s stuff, even though a lot of her crafty suggestions are not of very sound quality or long lasting… we just got inspired to salvage wrapping paper and bows, toilet paper rolls, paint a feature wall in Esther’s room and so forth…
As for me and the rest of the house and my craft stuff – I went out again to buy a set of sock needles in a size that I was sure I had somewhere… but just couldn’t locate and that’s when I thought enough is enough – just get organised in a crafty sort of way and sort your stuff. So here is the result.
I was just going to write the needle sizes on the fabric with a black pen… but then I thought it would make it hard to change the organisation of the needles, should I wish to do so for any reason… so I used these wee tags.
And it was not so hard to make, I just cut 2 pieces of calico (or one big piece folded in half) to have the entire pouch double thickness (a) for strength and (b) for sewing on the Dresden Plate and the dividing stitches – so those stitches would not show through to the other side.Then I sewed on the decoration, stitched the dividing stitches and then bound it all with ‘home made’ binding: NOT on the bias, just on the straight, and I used a 1″ bias binding maker.